lifetime gypsy

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

First Entry, and I already have something to say. This could be this worst decision I've ever made.

Yup, I've made a blog.

Britney, don't steal my background.

As I've spent my morning addressing thank you cards to gracious gift givers and employers, Britney and I have decided that employers should send you a notification that they have recieved your application or resume, and they don't want you.

I have applied to 50+ positions and if I am taking the time to write a cover letter, submit my resume, and then spend 20 minutes creating a profile for your company's account, the least you can do is email me to tell me what a piece of crap I am and how you would never hire me in a million years. Just a thought.

Once in the interview process, not notifying me is entirely fair. They haven taken time to see you, so not hearing anything back can only result in one obvious meaning.

I would like to think the resumes I send out are going to actually people and not the junk mail inbox of cyberspace. As of now, I'm not convinced.

5 comments:

  1. And this is why I love you, Fay Johnson. So much.

    And I totally agree about this! When I was applying for jobs this last semester I hated not hearing back about anything...EVER! People suck. When we run the world someday, can this be one of the first things we change?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, 50+ resumes and you've written cover letters for all of them? Dang girl. you're intense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right on GIRRRRRRRRRL! :)

    Fay, you are seriously the best. Honesty is what they SHOULD look for cause um, you def have that!

    P.S. I want to, but I won't steal your background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can always be like the owner or some shit of Hooters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. David, go die. Kidding, I know you have an infatuation with my chest and I approve.

    ReplyDelete